Pursuant to applicable data protection laws, bear in mind that:
If you live in a country outside the European Economic Area, collection of your personal data shall be governed according to the privacy laws of the state of California
The company responsible for personal data is Black Social. To contact the representative from the Data Controller, you may send an email to: email@example.com
If information indicated as required is not provided, we might be unable to process your user registration or the use of certain Services available in the Platform.
In order to register and navigate the Platform, you need to be older than 16. Black Social may use your personal information to verify your age and ensure the enforcement of this restriction.
Collection and processing of your personal data is based primarily in the contractual and/or non-contractual relationship you have with us.
When we send you newsletters and Services or when we use the email you have provided us to contact you individually or to recognize you when you return to visit our website, we are doing so under the informed consent.
How we process the information collected by our cookies is based in the informed consent you provide, pursuant to current legislation.
Personal information we collect
In order to register in the Platform and identify yourself, we will request your email and phone number.
To create your profile in the Platform you may include personal information such as your country or city of residence, a photograph, first and last names, education, work experience, and any other additional information you might want to share in your profile. The profile information helps you make the most out of our Services, like helping other professionals find you and finding business opportunities or projects you might be interested in. However, if you do not want this information to be published, you may leave the profile information fields blank or delete the information already provided.
To buy or subscribe to our courses, we will request your credit card or debit information, including expiration date and CVV. If you are paying with PayPal, we will request the email associated to it. If you request an invoice, we will request your invoicing data, if needed.
When you visit or use our Services, We register data such as frequency of use, date and time Services were accessed, when you see or click a specific content, your course preferences, projects you are sharing or content you publish. We use information when you log in, when you read our emails, and Internet protocol (“IP”) addresses to identify you and register your use in the Platform.
We do not make decisions based on profiles, beyond personalization of advertisement and for the purpose of the legitimate prevention of Internet fraud.
We obtain information through other platforms, for example, when you register via Facebook or similar technologies. This might include personal texts or images available in an external website.
Purpose of the processing
BLACK SOCIAL, as the Data Controller, will process your personal data for the following purposes:
- Manage your registration as Platform user, to identify you and give you access to Services available for registered Platform users.
- The development, compliance and execution of the contract for the provision of services such as the sale of or subscription to Black Social PRO courses or any other contract We might have through the Platform. You will need to keep in mind that:
You expressly authorize us to process the data indicated as required for activation and payment processing. The card’s security code (CVV or CVC) will only be used to process the purchase in course and will not be stored or processed afterwards, as part of your payment information. The consent for the activation of this feature allows your data to autofill in future purchases, so you do not need to re-enter payment information every time you make a purchase. The data enter will be assumed valid and current in future purchases. You will be able to modify or delete your credit cards or PayPal account at any time through the payment method in the purchase form or through the payment method setting in your Black Social PRO subscription. We store and release card information in accordance to international confidentiality and security standards for credit and debit cards. For security reasons, the use of this feature might require changing of your password. Remember, the safety of the Platform also depends on the correct use and storage of confidential passwords.
- Recommending jobs that match your profile.
- Contacting you through email regarding updates or information related to features, products or services contracted, including Platform security updates, as long as they are needed or reasonable.
- Respond to any request or inquiry you make through the customer service channels available at our Platform.
- We also use your information to generate aggregated non-identifying data. For instance, generate statistics regarding our users, their jobs or areas of expertise, number of impressions or clicks in a specific course or project or visitor demographics.
The provision of Black Social ‘s Service might entail the use of your personal data, with your express consent, to make available to you personalized advertisement related to our products and services, through emails or other electronic communication means from us or third party collaborators. With the goal of improving our services, please know that personal information regarding your purchases, interests and preferences might be used by Black Social for the purpose of analysis, user profiling, marketing studies, quality surveys, and improving interaction with our clients.
If you do not want to receive certain type of email communications, simply access the Notifications section under Edit Profile to manage your preferences.
Likewise, you will be able to cancel your notifications by following the instructions in each notice you receive.
Data retention period
We will retain your personal data for as long as we have a valid contractual relationship, and after that, for the period determined by any obligations arisen from the treatment of the data or as established by law.
- Service Providers: in order to provide services in our name or to help us provide our services. For example, we contract service providers to render marketing, advertising, communication, infrastructure and IT services, to customize and improve our service, to process credit card transactions or other methods of payment, provide customer service, collect debts, analyse and improve data (such as data regarding user interaction with our services), and process and manage satisfaction surveys. For efficiency purposes, these partners and providers may be based in the US or other countries or territories outside of the European Economic Area, and might not provide a data protection level comparable to that of your country, or the European Union’s.
Data Protection Rights
As Data Controller, we are committed to respecting the confidential nature of your personal data and guaranteeing the full exercise of these rights. At all times, you will have the following rights:
- Right to access. You have the right to confirm whether we are processing your personal data and, if we are, you have the right to obtain a copy of such data and information regarding the processing.
- Right to amend. You have the right to correct errors, modify incomplete or wrong data and guarantee the authenticity of the information that is being processed.
- Right to delete. You have the right to request the deletion of your data without undue delay, if it were being processed wrongfully or if the end to which it was processed or collected has ceased to exist.
- Right to limitation of processing. You have the right to request that the suspension of the processing of your information if it is illegal or the accuracy of the data has been contested.
- Right to oppose. You have the right to oppose to the processing of your data when it has been used for purposes of direct marketing or when the processing must be terminated due to a personal situation, except when there is legitimate interest or it is necessary for the exercise or defence of claims.
- Right not to be subjected to personalized decisions. You have the right of not being subjected to a decision based solely on the automatic processing of your data, including profiling, with binding legal effects or which affects you, except when necessary for the execution of an agreement, as permitted by the law or if you have expressly authorized it.
In order to exercise these rights, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org indicating your (i) identity, by sharing your full name and email address used to register or make a purchase at Black Social, an ID to establish your identity, and (ii) the right or rights you’re exercising.
You may also visit the agency overseeing the protection of data in your country to file a claim or request the protection of your rights, if deemed necessary.
The exercise of such rights is free, except when requests are deliberately unfounded or excessive, in which case the individual will be required to bear the processing costs.
Information about cookies
In compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles, Black Social commits to resolve complaints about our collection or use of your personal information. European Union individuals with inquiries or complaints regarding our Privacy Shield policy should first contact Black Social at: email@example.com
Published on February 25, 2021